The 2013 Geneseo Christmas Walk will be Dec. 14 in downtown Geneseo.
A highlight of the festivities will be a lighted Christmas parade.
The parade will kick off the evening activities with lighted themed floats including an angel, snowman and tugboat. Lighted float entries from local businesses, organizations and individuals also will be showcased in the parade which will line up on Center Street turn left on Brown Street and proceed through downtown Geneseo, from north to south, and conclude at the boulevard where Santa and Mrs. Claus and Geneseo mayor Linda Van Der Leest will light the Christmas tree.
While waiting to line up, parade participants are invited warm up in the foyer of Grace United Methodist Church at 318 North Center St. Refreshments will be offered.
Luminaries will once again light the way for residents and visitors to this year's walk.
The luminaries will line the sidewalks along State street from the Geneseo Moose to the Geneseo Historical Museum.
According to Brian DeJohn, executive director of the Geneseo Chamber of Commerce, luminaries were a tradition on the Christmas Walk (formerly the Victorian Walk) for many years, but were eliminated several years ago due to difficulties finding volunteers for the project.
"Our Christmas Walk committee found the luminaries to be an important part of the history of the event and are glad to be bringing them back," DeJohn said.
"A Storybook Christmas" is the theme of the 2013 Christmas Walk.
Activities on Dec. 14 include:
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. — "Everything Christmas Indoor Market" at the Geneseo Community Center.
• 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. — Santa Claus will visit the Geneseo Public Library.
• 2 p.m. — The annual 5K Jingle Bell Run will kick off. Registration details will be available at www.getmeregistered.com. Participants will receive a race T-shirt and set of jingle bells. Awards will be given for the best costumed participants.
• 3 p.m. — The Geneseo Middle School choir will perform at First Congregational United Church of Christ.
• 3:30 p.m. — Southwest Elementary School students will perform at First Congregational United Church of Christ.
• 4 p.m. — Millikin Elementary School students will perform at First Congregational United Church of Christ.
• 4:30 p.m. — Northside Elementary students will perform at First Congregational United Church of Christ.
• 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. — Children can create paper bag puppets at Smith Studio, 124 S. State St.
• 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. — Cookie decorating will be available at Websites to Impress, 200 S. State St.
• 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. — Letters to Santa will be offered at Central Theater, 111 N. State St.
Page 2 of 2 - • 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. — Peppertree Alpacas will have live alpacas at the intersection of First and State streets.
• 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. — Children can create reindeer food at Maple Leaf Medical, 111 S. State St.
• 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. — Photos with the Grinch will be offered at Sarah Sunstrom Photography, 100 N. State St.
• 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. — Face painting will be available at the Geneseo Art League, 113 N. State St.
• 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. — Christmas classics will be shown at Central Theater.
• 5 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. — Love Unlimited will perform at the Geneseo Historical Museum.
• 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. — Live and still window scenes will be on display in downtown Geneseo. Children can participate in a "Search for Holiday Stories" while viewing the windows.
• 6 p.m. — The Geneseo High School Madrigal Singers and Brass will perform at Central Theater.
• 6 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. — The Geneseo Community Choir will perform at the Geneseo Historical Museum.
• 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. — Santa and Mrs. Claus will greet children at the Call to Victory Christian Youth Center (the former Geneseo Public Library) on South State Street.
• 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. — Trackside Liquors will host a holiday tasting at 118 W. Exchange St.
• 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. — A Jingle Bell Skate will be offered at the Geneseo Community Center.
• 7 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. — the Front Parlor String Band will perform at the Geneseo Historical Museum.
• Vendors will offer an array of food throughout the afternoon and evening, including roasted chestnuts served by Dr. Charles LoGiudice, in front of Village Home Stores on State Street.
A complete schedule of activities may be viewed at www.geneseo.org.
For more information, contact the Geneseo Chamber of Commerce office at 944-2686.