The Music Festival will highlight Father's Day weekend in Geneseo. Music, music and more music will fill the air in and around Geneseo City Park during this year's Festival, June 16-19.
The Music Festival will highlight Father’s Day weekend in Geneseo.
Music, music and more music will fill the air in and around Geneseo City Park during this year’s Festival, June 16-19.
The 48th annual event is sponsored by the Geneseo Chamber of Commerce and most of the activities will be at the Geneseo City Park.
Even though the format of the Music Festival was changed for two years, the event returned to its roots in 2014. The ever-popular arts and crafts show will be showcased two days, Saturday, June 18, and Sunday, June 19.
“Just Imagine” is the theme of this year’s parade which is sponsored by Vibrant Credit Union, and will step off at 1 p.m. on Sunday, June 19, from Geneseo High School and continue through downtown to City Park.
An added attraction this year is the Family Fest from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, June 18. Activities include a bounce house, Velcro wall, slide, fire truck sprinkler and Deitrick’s Alpacas.
The Doo-Dah Parade, sponsored by the Geneseo Kiwanis Club, is celebrating its 30th anniversary as part of the 2016 Music Festival.
The parade kicks off the weekend of activities and will start at 6 p.m., Friday, June 17, in downtown Geneseo. The parade will organize at 5:30 p.m. on June 17 at the Wells Fargo Bank parking lot to the rear of the bank at 121 West First St.
There is no theme of the parade and it is open to anyone who wants to participate. Individuals with decorated bicycles, pets, walking entries, groups or families with children are invited to join the parade.
A special feature of the Do-Dah Parade is the “Marching Spatulas,” a precision marching unit made up of Kiwanis Club members. For more information about the Doo-Dah Parade, phone 944-4035.
More information about Music Festival weekend is available at www.geneseomusicfest.com
Thursday, June 16
• 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. — Girls Night Out in downtown Geneseo features special offers in stores and eating establishments.
Friday, June 17
• 6 p.m. — Kiwanis Club Doo-Dah Parade through downtown
• 6 p.m. — Grandma’s Attic, grounds of First Congregational United Church of Christ, 101 West Pearl St.
• 6 p.m. — Rotary Club will have sandwiches, beverages and ice cream in City Park
• 6:30 p.m. — Introduction of Little Miss Henry County Pageant contestants, City Park band shell
• 7 p.m. — Rotary Club-sponsored Queen Pageant, City Park band shell (rain location is Geneseo Middle School)
Saturday, June 18
• 8 a.m. to Noon — Geneseo Farmers Market
• 8 a.m. — Maple City 4 Run starting at Geneseo High School
• 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. — Grandma’s Attic, grounds of First Congregational United Church of Christ
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Antique tractor show at North City Park
• 10 a.m. — Artists in Motion (band shell)
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Family Fest –activities for the entire family
• 10 a.m. to Noon — Bright Beginnings Preschool activities
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Arts and Crafts Show
• 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Pork chop lunch, sponsored by Ag Alumni and FFA
• 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. — Wine Garden with paninis by Genevino
• 11 a.m. — Jazzercise (band shell)
• Noon — Maple Leaf Squares (band shell)
• 1 p.m. — FFA Pedal Pull
• 1 p.m. — Ja Keyz (band shell)
• 2 p.m. — Maple City Kitchen Band (band shell)
• 5 p.m. — Steak sandwich/tenderloin supper by VFW Auxiliary
• 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. — Ice Cream Social sponsored by Geneseo Art League
• 6 to 8 p.m. — River City 6 music with wine garden by Genevino (band shell)
Sunday, June 19
• 7 a.m. to11 a.m. — Fly-In/Drive-In Pancake Breakfast at Gen-Air Park
• 8 a.m. to Noon — Antique tractor show at North City Park
• 10 a.m. — Worship service by Geneseo Evangelical Free Church in City Park
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Arts and Crafts Show along with food vendors in City Park
• 1 p.m. — Music Festival Parade – “Just Imagine,” sponsored by Vibrant
• 2 p.m. — Metro Youth Drill Team performance.