Geneseo's Christmas Walk is Dec. 10
A lighted Christmas parade will kick off the 2016 Christmas Walk evening activities. Christmas Walk will be Saturday, Dec. 10 in downtown Geneseo.
The parade will feature lighted themed floats from local businesses, organizations and individuals also will be showcased in the parade which will line up on Center Street (near Grace United Methodist Church) turn left on Brown Street and proceed through downtown Geneseo, from north to south, to the Geneseo Historical Museum.
Santa and Mrs. Claus will conclude the parade, riding on a fire truck to South State St. to light the Christmas tree, which will be located at the boulevard at the intersection of South State and Second streets.
While waiting to line up, parade participants are invited warm up in the foyer of Grace United Methodist Church and enjoy a cup of coffee or hot chocolate and a cookie.
“Frank Sinatra Returns” is the theme of a special window at Village Florist Gifts & Antiques. The window will feature musician Travis Hosette whose vocal skills mirror those of the late Frank Sinatra. He will perform from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Ted Canellos and his collection of 1930s Mickey Mouse trains will be on display at the Geneseo Model Railroaders in the 100 block of West Exchange St.
Another attraction for young and old alike will be Laurie Farris and friends walking around throughout the day with their Berniese Mountain Dogs.
“Peace on Earth” is the theme of the 2016 Christmas Walk and there are numerous activities planned throughout the day:
• 7:30 a.m. – Registration for Jingle Run at The Victory Center, 218 South State St.
• 8:30 a.m. – Jingle Run 5K begins.
• 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Santa Claus will be at the Geneseo Public Library, 805 North Chicago St.
• 3 p.m. - Geneseo Middle School performance at First Congregational United Church of Christ.
• 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. – Jingle Bell Obstacle Course at Geneseo Community Center, 541 East North St.
• 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. - Kids Craft (paper bag puppets) at Smith Studio, 124 South State St.
• 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. - Letters to Santa at Central Theater, 111 North State St.
• 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. - Making reindeer food at My Moon Creations, 104 South State St.
• 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. - Photos with Polar Express conductor at Sarah Sunstrom Photography, 100 North State St.
• 3:30 p.m. - Southwest Elementary School performance at First Congregational United Church of Christ.
• 4 p.m. - Millikin Elementary School performance at First Congregational United Church of Christ.
• 4 p.m. - Nova Singers perform at Concordia Lutheran Church.
• 4 p.m. to 8 p .m. – Geneseo Chamber of Commerce Information Center in Hanford Insurance office, 119 South State St., Christmas card stamping and “Angels Among Us” cards available.
• Peppertree Alpacas will be in the Christmas Parade and will be on display in front of My Moon Creations, 104 South State St. Alpaca mittens, capes and gloves will be available to purchase inside the store.
• 4:30 p.m. - Northside Elementary School performance at First Congregational United Church of Christ.
• 5:30 p.m. - Constance Deal’s violin students perform at First Congregational United Church of Christ.
• 5:45 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Geneseo Historical Museum – tours and live music.
• 6 p.m. – Geneseo Community Choir will perform in the Carriage House, located behind the museum.
• 6 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. – Madrigal Singers at Central Theater, 111 North State St.
• 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. – Living and still window scenes throughout downtown.
• 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus at Maple Leaf Medical, 111 South State St.
• 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. – Jingle Bell Skate at the Geneseo Community Center, 541 East North St.
• 7:15 p.m. Geneseo High School Madrigal singers performance at First Congregational United Church of Christ.
• 8 p.m. – Featured movie at Central Theater, 111 North State St.
Church suppers and activities:
• Concordia Lutheran Church, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Cookie Walk and barbecue sandwich dinner;
• First Lutheran Church, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. pasta supper.
• First Presbyterian Church, 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Brats, hot dogs, barbecue, chili, vegetable and pie.
• First United Methodist Church, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., soup supper featuring vegetable soup and dessert by donation.
• Holy Trinity Church – St. Paul’s, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. free homemade soup and beverages. Christmas carols by the Karen Choir.
• Watermark Assembly of God – will serve hot chocolate and other treats at the intersection of State and Second streets.
• Evangelical Free Church – will serve hot chocolate and offer free Bibles in front of Central Theater on State Street.
A complete schedule of events is available at www.geneseo.org.