Health Department to open for Vaccine Registration Mar 1
The Henry and Stark County Health Department and the Henry County Office of Emergency Management announce its online registration system for First Dose COVID-19 Vaccine Drive Thru Clinics will open up again on the morning of Monday, March 1st. This registration will be for a clinic to be held on Friday, March 5th. Those eligible to participate are those in Phase 1B which include all Henry and Stark County residents age 65 and over, and remaining healthcare (1A) and frontline essential workers (1B). At this time, due to shipment delays and the number of the present 1B group members (65 years and older) that are still unvaccinated; these clinics will not be opening registration to those under 65 years with co-morbidities. The State of Illinois is leaving this guidance to the local county’s discretion. Announcements will be made as soon as there is a change in the local 1B acceptance groups to our local Covid-19 vaccine clinics.
To reserve your participation at the scheduled Drive-Thru Covid-19 Vaccine Clinics the Health Department and OEM are asking anyone eligible for Phases 1A & 1B to go to their website (Morning of March 1st) at www.henrystarkhealth.com and complete an On-Line “COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Registration Form.” To enroll you will only need to be able to access our website and then a have valid email for receiving your confirmation of registration.
Sandy Sommer, RN Director of Clinical Services with the Henry and Stark County Health Departments states, “Please note, family and friends can help older individuals to register for these clinics. And if you are an individual without internet access or a valid email address; please ask family and friends to assist you in this registration system.”
When you go to the website you will see instructions, information, and links to scheduled clinic dates and times. Click on the Link “Henry/Stark County Covid Vaccine Registration” and choose a time slot you would like to register for and complete the form to register and reserve your vaccine that day.
Here are the instructions to reserve your place at one of the upcoming Drive Thru Covid-19 Vaccination Clinics:
1) Visit Our Website at www.henrystarkhealth.com
2) Click on any of the Date & Time Links based on your preference. Note: Date & Time may fill up fast.
3) Fill out the Covid Vaccine Registration Form. You must fill out separate forms for each person wanting the shot. (You will need a valid email address, mulitple registrants can use the same email address)
4) If you are assisting someone else you will need to know: Name, Address, Phone #, Date of Birth, Age, Sex, Current Primary Physician, and Employer (if applicable)
Also these questions:
Have you ever received a COVID shot? If yes, which product? (Pfizer, Moderna, other product)
Have you ever had a severe allergic reaction to something?
Was the severe allergic reaction after receiving a Covid shot?
Was the severe allergic reaction after another vaccine or another injectible medication?
Have you received passive antibody therapy as treatment for Covid?
Have you received another vaccine in the last 14 days?
Have you had a positive test for COVID or has a doctor ever told you that you had Covid-19?
Do you have a weakened immune system caused by something such as HIV infection or cancer or do you take immunosuppressive drugs or therapies?
Do you have a bleeding disorder or are taking a blood thinner?
Are you pregnant or breastfeeding?
5) If a Link says “Already Full,” go to another time slot.
6) You will then be emailed your confirmation of the clinic date, time, vaccine reservation, and a map and directions to the clinic location. If you do not receive an e-mail confirmation, please email email@example.com to obtain your confirmation. Your email will be answered over the next several days. Email confirmations need not be printed. DO NOT COME EARLY, there is sufficient vaccine for all time slots.
7) You will only need to bring a valid Government ID and proof of healthcare or essential worker status to the clinic. (No Insurance or Cost necessary)
8) Once clinics are closed due to available vaccine; please choose another clinic date & register. Clinics will be added for the foreseeable future.
The clinics will be held at Black Hawk College-East Campus, 26230 Black Hawk Road, Galva, IL. Clinics and number of participants will be based on vaccine availability and are subject to change. Drive-Thru clinics and site limitations are necessary due to social distancing requirements, central location for entire service area, winter weather conditions, and the recommended wait time after receiving the vaccine.
The Health Department and OEM note that currently demand for the vaccine is far greater than available vaccine supplies and want thank all our area residents for their continued support and patience during the Covid-19 vaccine distribution rollout and note that when we work together there’s nothing we cannot achieve and overcome. For more information on the Covid-19 vaccine distribution plan in Illinois go to: http://dph.illinois.gov/covid19/vaccine-faq